View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 10:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbalach
Thanks all. I was not sure if the location i put the stands was a safe one. I was planning to crawl under and do a tranny fluid change. Turns out i was able to reach the nut without having to crawl all the way under. Made the change successfully.
Now to hijack my own thread.....
I drained the fluid, i think i got about 6-7qt out. I'm not sure, so i filled up with 6qt of fresh fluid and the dipstick is a mess as usual. I am yet to find an auto tranny that had a dipstick that read the real level of fluid. They all come out as a large smear on the whole stick waaayy past the top mark.. GRRR!!! I'm guessing i've put back enough fluid. Any body else run across this issue ?

Thanks
Hmmm.... i am too remained with the same confusion even with my new swapped 4.44's. I am also having trouble in finding the exact level of the fluid using dip stick. So, whenever i drain the fluid, I will make sure to drain it as long as I can and then fill it wil fresh 6qts.

Yeah as SVX-FF mentioned, the pinch weld points are the proper and preffered locations for jacking and I always jack up at those locations.

Does anyone over here know how to know the exact or atleast approximate proper level of ATF using the dipstick?

-Pavan.