View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Superbeast

I am having the ( EXACT ) same problem as you Chris. Right after doing the swap, my starter started acting up. The really anoying thing is that you still have power at the starter wire and if you jump the starter terminals the motor will spin over, so you put the wire back on and try it again, nothing

I thought I had traced it down to the relay for the security system( it's a Boch relay mounted to the side of the steering colume). I measured the voltage at the wire whe nit wouldn't work and I had 9.00V, so I figured I had a voltage drop in the relay so I put a jumper wire across the two terminals and it worked fine. I later got the same relay from NAPA and reinstalled, everything worked fine for awile, and then it started acting up again. So I put my jumper back in and it work for a little wile longer but then it started acting up again.

Now it seems to never start when I first go out in the morning, and the really, really anoying part is that unless you have a long jumper wire, you need to have someone hold the key to the start position wile you jump the starter terminals under the hood.

So, no I haven't figured it out yet but my next move was to get another starter But just so you know your not alone.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!