View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
My fastest car was a VAN. 66 Dodge A-100. ( former telephone truck)

I, shall we say, RADICALLY modified it. 155 mph, all day long if you wanted.
I sold it after a really wild weekend, never to own one again.

Yea, that was the idea.
Since then, I radically modified another 66 A-100, but it's not that fast. It is more geared to 'Quick'. 413 Chrysler, Hemi clutchpack 727, GM 12 bolt rear w/3:56 gears, M-50, 15 rear tires, big tube Hookers, Crane cam, windage tray, Holly 'tricky kit' in the carb, advance curve kit in dist, TRW Clevite bearings, Chrome molly rings, high volume oil pump that produces 90 psi, ( due to the new and improved pressure spring) I have to check the oil filter to make sure it doesn't push the tin cover off and let the oil escape.

It isn't all that fast, but will carry the front wheels about 50 ft from a 20 MPH roll.

It will be reborn as a truck-pull specimin, since it hooks too hard for the blacktop and has a tendency to spray parts all over the blacktop.

Making about 475 ponys on pump gas and trying to put them ALL on the ground. Might have to 'boost' it to play in the dirt.
Jerry,
wasn't the "Little Red Wagon" wheel standing dragster an A-100?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker