View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Re: help me pick out some rims ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Yeah...also not a fan of these rims.

Hmmmm...Do you mean you're thinking of running the 35 profile in the rear and 25 in the front, or 25 on all 4 corners? Cause I really hope you're not going to run different height tires. The difference between those sizes is nearly 2 inches. The 25's will look bad, because the wheel wells will be empty, and your trans will detonate in about 10 miles on the highway.

On a 19x8.5" rim I would strongly recommend a 245/30/19 tire. It's the closest to your original diameter, and would fit a rim that width very well. 235/30/19 would be the next best choice, followed by 235/35.

As for offset, if you go with a +35, I can gaurantee problems. The rears are going to rub badly. Even +40 might be pushing it. Something in the 45-50 range would be best. The SVX is fairly lenient when it comes to offset, but you're talking about going to a 1" wider rim than stock, and then pulling it out nearly an inch. That's a bit much.

crazy they have ether a 38mm or 45mm offset for the rims im looking at, which one should i go with

im curently running 40mm offset

i would like to have the rims tucked in as much as posible

as for tires can i run a 245 for the rear and a 235 with a 35 series tire since fronts are were the most rubbing would occur