View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 05:15 PM

Hey Scott, I thought I'd post some info on my Legacy in here, since it's more appropriate than the 10th Anniversary folder.

I recently bought a used G-Tech Pro locally, and finally got around to playing a bit. I did 3 runs, the temp was 78 degrees, and I had about 1/2 tank of gas.

First run, dumped the clutch at 5,000 rpm-
0-60 (not sure, but could swear I saw it flash 6.98 or 6.99)
1/4 mile (15.32 @ 92.5 mph)

Second run, dumped the clutch closer to 6,000 rpm-
0-60 (7.11, clutch definitely slipped more)
1/4 mile (15.53 @ 91.0 mph)

Third run, dumped the clutch at 4,000 rpm-
0-60 (7.4, felt like it bogged a bit at 4k)
1/4 mile (15.63 @ 92.2 mph)

I only did three runs because I don't really like abusing 'Lucy' like that. At 53,000 miles, I think the clutch wasn't real pleased with the activities. I know those aren't probably real accurate, but at least I've got a baseline to compare to if I get some lightweight pullies, or a ProECM module. This was done out by the backside of the airport on a 4 lane, divided 'boulevard' that's there mainly for people that work in and around the airport.

The G-Tech is pretty generous, as it doesn't take reaction time into account. It doesn't start timing until you mash it. Also, the 1/4 mile speed is measured instantaneously at the 1/4 mile mark, versus a 60 ft (I think) trap speed measured at the drags. I've never been to the drags, so maybe I should go at least once just to compare and get some official times.

I don't have any idea what the hp would be with the mods I have. I think a generous estimate would be 175-180? Stock is rated at 165. Some lightweight pulleys would free up some horsepower, and a ProECM would bump up the hp and torque a bit more.

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)