Thread: AC Question
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 06:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: AC Question

Sorry I am late to this party, but it looks like you are doing all the right things on your a/c system. Definitely smart to get the new parts...don't mess with used UNLESS you thoroughly flush them (need a air compressor, tank gun and the proper solution...nothing difficult but will take time to gather all the parts if you don't have them).

Since you'll be opening up the system you'll have to pull a vacuum. I am not sure if you're doing all this yourself, if you are I could give you more info than I am sure you'd care to ever know. I just reinstalled and replaced with new parts every component of the svx's a/c system.

Oh and FYI our svx's use a receiver/dryer not an accumulator. In accumulator type a/c systems they use an orifice tube. In our svx's we use a receiver/dryer with an expansion valve. I would strongly advise you to flush the evaporator, a big PIA (requires removal of the glove box and removal of the expansion valve). WIthout doing this you may just be recycling crub through your system and you'll end up right where you are now. These a/c systems are so damn expensive I took the time to do it. Good luck, no a/c and this heat wave is a bad combo!