Thread: My next mod
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Cool. It seems the temp. gauge is a little off(Reads in the 200-210 range), But once I get use to it I'll know what's going on I guess.
I may have found the cause for the gauge being off, But I'm not sure yet. It turns out the main ground was off at my starter. But I also tried switch the sending unit with a spare one I have and in the process of tightening it the ratchet slipped sideways and broke off the sensor flush with the water manifold. Today I went to extract it and ended up cracking a huge chunk out of the manifold where the gauge sensor mounts. I used some 2 part epoxy on it and I'll find out in the morning whether it worked or not. If it worked then I'm all good, If not then it should be at least reduced to a slow leak and I'll get it to my shop and just swap the motors with the nice 94 model year one I have waiting for it. Has anybody gotten temperature readings from this location on the engine(back DR. side of engine)? What temp. should I be ranging in there? My gauge has been reading between 198-209 degrees steady cruising on the highway to 220+ when idling and that is way too high for me.