View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 08:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
Re: Why does SOA deny us support?

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I was thinking today about how SOA's stance has been regarding us SVX owners. It seems they really want nothing to do with us. We have a great club going on here. Has anyone made them aware? It seems like Subaru in Japan is always having events for the SVXers over there etc...
As far as I know, almost all SVX meetings and events here in Japan are done by the various SVX clubs with NO input from FHI.

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
So, what's up with subaru? We have their nicest, must expensive "flagship" car. Why no support?
It certainly was their "flagship" at the time of its release. The President of FHI gave up his chauffered car so he could drive himself to work and back in an Alcyone SVX.

However, here in Japan too, it seems that the SVX is a car which Subaru would rather forget about, it is viewed as a very costly 'mistake' which almost sent them under. Dealers here have very little or no knowledge when it comes to servicing the SVX and that includes the factory in Gunma. I once took my SVX to the service center at the factory and came away very disappointed.

Thank goodness for the various SVX clubs, a lifeline of support and advice!

paddlesnz
JAPAN