View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
They're attempting to be "hip" with the Cobalt SS (once it comes out anyway).
And Subaru and Mitsu were not "attempting to be hip" when they thought up the WRX, STi, and Evo? I smell a double standard here somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
If I was a chick I'd think about buying one, then I'd remember that the Cavalier had 100+ recalls when they last redesigned it, and I'd end up with a Scion.
Yeah, you'd end up with a Scion, and even more recalls and problems. Scion was obliterated by every single GM marque in initial quality in 2004 (JD Power Initial Quality study).

PS - 100+ recalls might be exaggerating JUST a little. I can only think of three. All three were voluntary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
again, those are your opinions, but the general consumer says otherwise.
AHHH...here we go again. Trying to get the "general consumer" on your side? What does this mean anyway? Is this supposed to mean that you win? If you really do know this much about what the general consumer thinks, i'd like to consult you about some business ideas i've had. You would save me alot of time and money over one of those "focus group" agencies.

You have no damn clue what people think of the Malibu. Niether do I. All I know is that it's selling well enough that they created a wagon and an upgraded sport model. Sounds like it's doing fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landhshark
Cadillac, sure. Pontiac, i don't think so. the GTO and Solstice? they just aren't going to sell many of those - they are "enthusiast" cars. the G6, which should be their bread-n-butter, is a dead fish.
See here we go with the G6 again. Talk to me about this next year. At that point the car will have actually been out for more than 1 YEAR and we can make reasonable judgements about it's saleability. For god's sake, the entire G6 line hasn't even been released yet and I can't seem to hear the end of the "it's a sales flop" BS. Nobody, including GM marketers, are in a position at this point to make a judgement on how the car will sell. It's WAY TOO EARLY.