View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Now that again, is a matter of opinion. The ONLY car that you mentioned in there that I think is good looking is the Mazda6. Honda took a half-decent looking accord and made it look like a poor attempt at a concept car. The Maxima used to look nice, but now it looks like a full soda can that was left in the freezer too long. Camry? COME ON!! Pretty much the epitomy of BLAH. The Stratus looks like what it is - a hunk of plastic with some chrome. The Ford 500 is just as bland as the car that is was meant to replace, a car which used to hold the title as the most boring car on the planet.
i'm not saying i personally like the looks of these cars (except for the Mazda6), but compared to the ho-hum-destined-to-be-a-fleet-vehicle-styled Malibu, they look like superstars. again, those are your opinions, but the general consumer says otherwise.

Quote:
I wouldn't say GM has the most exciting car lineup out there. They are however, improving insanely quickly. in 2000 they had only a couple of all-around great cars. Here they are 5 years later and two entire brands (Cadillac, Pontiac) are full of great cars that people actually aspire to own. the Chevy line is coming around quite well. It takes time for a company of this size to change, but I think GM is actually doing so very efficiently.
Cadillac, sure. Pontiac, i don't think so. the GTO and Solstice? they just aren't going to sell many of those - they are "enthusiast" cars. the G6, which should be their bread-n-butter, is a dead fish.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)