View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:05 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i agree - may be the funniest thing i saw all week! i miss my stupid cat.

you are partially right - it is bland, but most of its competitors aren't. therein lies GM's problem. GM used to lack quality, but recently has upped its QC and interior design to keep up. now it has some decently put-together cars, but they are boring as hell looking. all the Malibu's mid-size competitors - the Accord, Maxima, Mazda6, Camry, Stratus, Ford 500 (ok, forget that one ), etc. etc. are all at least interesting to look at.

remember when power steering, AC and CD players used to be options? now they are pretty much expected to be on a new car. today, i think people want interesting looking cars, with projector headlights, some styling theme, blah blah blah. older people, who used to drive plain-ass Oldsmobiles and Buicks, are being replaced by a new generation of oldsters who want more "hip" stuff. that's why GM is junk-bond status now. they just can't put the whole package together. the Corvette can't save the rest of its bore-me-to-death lineup. just my observations and opinions.
They're attempting to be "hip" with the Cobalt SS (once it comes out anyway). If I was a chick I'd think about buying one, then I'd remember that the Cavalier had 100+ recalls when they last redesigned it, and I'd end up with a Scion. Besides, SRT-4 is fastAr!

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300