View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 02:32 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
I was in the cell phone industry a while back. This is the insides to the story.

Nextel, although great, is perfect for business use, if you want it for personal use, I'd stay away from it. They have great reception along all the interstates and major highways. About 5 miles away from them, they no longer have towers and they sucks if you are stuck in middle of nowhere.

Cingular/AT & T - They are good. Mainly because they are switching over to GSM V2.

T-Mobile: Relatively newcomer but they are using the GSM V2 which is secure. Their service and signal strength varies. I had a great experience with them before.

Sprint: Signal and PCS service is great in most areas but their customer service SUCKS! Period. With crappy a$$ customer service, I refuse to acknowledge their existence.

Verizon -- They are slow in moving forward. They use the same PCS system as sprint (and Japan and portions of Russia) but their firmware/cellphones are often a couple of centuries old. But great customer service and coverage in most places.

AllTel: Another PCS system. I don't know much about them but I heard mix reviews.

Edit: This is from someone who does not have a landline and uses mobile phone as his primary phone.
That's some cool info, thanks Lwin... I totally agree about the Sprint service thing... They have alright service till I get on base then I have nearly nothing!!! I drop calls like it's cool with sprint!!! Nextel is the only one on base that offers Unbeatable service all over base and Beaufort... I am also hoping that since they are in the whole NASCAR crap that they will make more money and expand thier coverage area...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...