View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Sprint: Signal and PCS service is great in most areas but their customer service SUCKS! Period. With crappy a$$ customer service, I refuse to acknowledge their existence.
Not my experience. I started with Sprint back when I worked at Circuit City. At the time, Sprint was widely known as the best thing going around here. They own most of the Ellis-Niagara Array (insider name for the NE network), so it was no surprise that they could offer the best service. Their only real competitor was Nextel, who at the time was offering plans at twice the price of Sprint. So I got setup on the employee plan (unlimited everything for $15 a month). That was nice. Then I quit Circuit City, so I had to give up the plan. When I was switched to a regular plan ($30/month) they never had me sign a contract, and of course I wasn't going to say anything about it. Three months later I cancelled the plan and switched to a better deal. They charged me a new activation and a cancellation fee ($150) on the old plan. Oops. So I called their customer service to point out their mistake (since I wasn't in a contract there can be no cancellation fee and they can't charge me activation cause i'm not technically being activated). They immediately acknowledged the mistake, refunded both fees and I got the next month of service, along with wireless web (on-phone internet access) for one year, absolutely free. Now I say that's pretty damn good customer service.