View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 PM

Registered SVX
exhaust repair/upgrade help please?

Since I've been having a misfire issue, and the car has been running slightly rich since I got it last October, not to mention the rattling baffles in the muffler (according to previous owner) I've decided its time to replace everything from the cat back. Also planning to install the ECUtunes v1.1 as well, so its a good time to upgrade to bigger and better (i.e., 2.5" pipe, etc to *theoretically* increase mpg a bit). Probably a good time to do the cat anyway, seeing as the car has 176k, and I have no clue if it was done or not prior to me owning it.

So the plan is so far to use a planet svx resonator, into a magnaflow 94007 cat converter, then back from the cat to 2 separate cherry bomb glass pack 87522. From there I plan to fab a sort of adapter for the stock exhaust tips to weld onto the glass packs. Going for close to stock look, slightly better flow and sound, and above all no more farkling rattle (its to the point now that it rattles when I close the trunk).

I did talk to svxfiles about this a bit the other afternoon, and it sounds like this is similar to his setup (different mufflers used in mine)...Would still like to get a general consensus from the group on this as well (mainly, has anyone ever used these glass packs before, that kind of stuff).

A pic is worth a thousand words, so pardon my crude MS paint diagram (drawing in paint with a laptop touchpad isn't easy )

crude diagram

Edit: I should probably mention I figured out the misfire issue, and the part is on the way, and also that I do plan on replacing the precats in the not so distant future as well (for now I plan to look em over and gut them if necessary)

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 03-24-2012 at 07:26 PM.