View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

Well I'm afraid you won't be able to use any of the stuff you built yourself but I could sell you a memory adapter with the yellow top/z32 firmware and an ecutuner interface.

Of course I do have to remind you that you do need to have a laptop with a 32 bit version of windows and all the requisite versions of .net installed (that's old ones) for the ecutuner software to work. I haven't touched this software in a long time...it's old. And you do have to get the ftdi TTL-232R-5V and install the d2xx drivers. The ecutuner software writes directly to the d2xx drivers; it does not use a virtual serial port or serial port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyphur View Post
OH MY GOODNESS! I was literally just thinking about you! Well, in all honesty I was thinking about finding a way to be able to use the new MAF and injectors that have been taunting me everytime I go near my bench in the garage... then thought about writing you another email (I've sent a number of them over the past few months! Did you get any of them? I'm really wondering now whether they ever made it to you at all, or somehow got lost in the tubez along the way. I used your usfwalden address as listed on the subiechips site, and elsewhere here.)

Anyway! You're here now, so I'll take advantage of this opportunity...

In my e-mails (and a message and thread reply on here, which you may be reading now, come to think of it) I had asked you about the z32/yellowtop tune's availability as I'm interesting in buying. I have an old-style 8-bit ECU memory adapter running in the car now with B3lha's modified '94 JDM base tune on it (necessitated by my EGR delete), and I'm wondering if it would be possible to buy the tune without repurchasing hardware (or chips) that I've already built/have...?

I'm still very much interested in acquiring this performance tune. PayPal is standing by

To answer your question, I don't have precisely that cable or the ECUtune interface (I made my own using, if memory recalls, a MAX232 chip - it was essentially a re-purposed serial interface that I'd made to fiddle with DSL modem firmware flashing many years ago), but I have successfully used some of the software listed over at alcyone.org.uk to read data from the ECU using this cable that I wired up to the pins in the car's plug. I can get live data with the engine running, things like RPM,throttle position (which was handy to adjust the TPS easily), etc. So I know the interface works, for that much anyway.

With that said, I'm fully prepared to pull the trigger on the real FTDI cable if I can get my hands on the software that requires it and/or if it would make sense to have it along with the tune mentioned above...

I believe I sent my contact information to you via PM (and e-mail). If you could get back to me via e-mail concerning availability of this tune, we can discuss further and figure out payment details that way.

Thanks!

Mark