View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 12:10 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Re: the newest thing NOT HID / but LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
Just because you can sell it, does not mean it is legal to install and run. You can sell catalytic converter deletes, and O2 sensor simulators, and other emissions system delete pieces. However removing or tampering with ANY emissions systems on a car is a federal crime and illegal.

Not to knock your business or website, but being allowed to sell something, and being allowed to install and run something are two completely different things.

I personally wish they were harder on inspections with HID and other headlight mods. Where I live about 70% of the crappy cars here and 90% of the trucks all have blue HID kits installed in reflector housing headlights, and fog lights, and make it hell to drive at night.

The only CORRECT way (still not technically legal) to install HIDs is to actually retrofit an HID projector housing into a headlight. Even installing HIDs into a halogen projector does not give the correct light output because the optics in the projector were designed for a halogen bulb.
Dude, you are an idiot to put it bluntly...
the only way they are LEGAL is if they where DOT approved, due to cost get get something made DOT legal. If its never challenged by local authorities then people will keep buying and selling them, hence what we do. Since we dont sell the colorful ones ie 8k or or higher, we have never put our customers at risk of getting a ticket or fine in 13+ yrs, me personally or our customers.

The HOUSING as you put it, has zero to do with it. Dont try to hijack my thread if you dont know what you are talking about . The simple problem with any forum out there.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."