Thread: speeding :(
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Never2phat
I've had two tickets in the SVX. Neither affected my car insurance

One coming home from the Burlington Vermont meet. I was in New York. 40mph in a 20mph zone. Big ol' ticket of $60 No points When he pulled me over it had just turned 12:01 am on Oct. 3rd . My birthday.

Second ticket for 48mph in a 25mph zone. That one cost me a lil more. 4 points reduced to 3. In Pa they remove 3 points a year. My points will be gone in a couple of months- yay

B.C.
The Burlington VT meet was "Ticket City" -- I got one in Indiana on my way there. Cost me 165.00 for a "Pre-Trial Diversion" (basically legal bribery). You pay your 165.00 and they don't report the ticket to insurance and you don't lose points. If you get a ticket within the next year, in the same county, you lose the 165.00, you pay the original (in my case) 100.00 ticket and get the points, plus, you pay the ticket that you just received and get the points. What a racket!!!

"Montypython's" wife, got a ticket (her first) on the way to Burlington and Brian, you got one. That was a ticket fest.

I've posted this before, but, in my first 30 years of driving, before the SVX, I had gotten two warnings and two tickets. Since I've had the SVX (only 3 years, going on 4) I've equalled all stops to that time -- 2 warnings and two tickets. This is not a good thing.

"But officer, honest, it feels like you're only going 55 when you're going 80 in this car!!!" If we could get 'em to drive it, just one time, they'd let us off every time.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI