View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 01:32 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Are you going to get the seal for the top of the door? To change the pads you have to take out the glass, at least the outer pads. There are 2 bolts that hold the widow in, put the window 3/4 of the way down and loosen them. Assuming you are doing the drivers side, drop the front down and pull the back up out of the door towards the outside of the window frame. Each pad has a bracket with one bolt holding it in, I found it easier to take out the bracket with the pad to change it. The pads just clip in, make sure you put the bracket back in the same place you should have wear marks in the paint. Now I bought new pads and a new window and I got the scratches again so I would really suggest a new window seal.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel