Thread: Please help
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 12:35 AM

Please help

Hi,
a few months back, my friend was bringing my baby back from having new spark plugs put in. In mid travel, he felt the engine start to run funny. He pulled over becuase as well as the engine difficulty, the right front caliper was smacking againt the inside surface of the wheel, once every rotation of the wheel. i had 2 opinions on the diagnosis of the problem, and i was devastated when they told me the tranny was shot.

for months, i've been searching for a replacement trannie, and nothing could be found in my price range, and i don't want to wait forever. I need my car back quickly.

I am preparing to do a swap with a Legacy trannie. Through hours of searching the archived posts, I've found that parts from a 90-94 Legacy would work best, and I would need the following, all from the same car:

transmission, rear differential, flywheel, and torque converter.

If anyone has had to do the same swap and has input as to what all needs to be done (mainly with the rear differential), or anyone who knows anything about this, your information is very appreciated.

Also, a how-to for transmission and rear differential removal would be greatly appreciated, because me and a friend mine will be removing the replacement parts from the Legacy ourselves, in a U-pull it junkyard.

Thanks