View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 03:40 PM

Final Completion...Remaining Punchlist

I finally got everything back together and road worthy. There are still some problems that I am having which have me quite stumped. For one thing, there are times when my battery drains. The battery is a new optima red top, so it should not be a problem. Once I charge it the voltage is good and seems to recharge. Its almost like something in my car is draining it. I am thinking of attaching an ammeter to the battery when the car is off to see if something is drawing current when it is sitting.

I also have no tach readings whatsoever. My check engine light is always on (which is normal since I do not control injectors or spark anymore from the ECU) and I am wondering if this has anything to do with the problem. I know that the check engine light is connected to the speed sensor circuit.

My rearview mirror is very loose. Tried to tighten see if I could tighten the little ball and socket, but could not get it apart. I don't want to break it.

I keep smelling gas. Can't find a fuel leak anywhere. My Fuel pressure is good (I have a guage). I doubt anyone can help me with this since I have completely modded the rails.

Any advice?

I'm also looking for a used front mount intercooler. Specifically I am looking for a used precision, or a spearco with a core 6x24x(whatever thickness 3-4") with end tanks less than 29" total core and tank length at the top, 2 1/2" intake and exhaust located at the bottom of the tank.