View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:28 AM

tranny filter

In regards to the above filter question-

I just bought a 1992 SVX with 112000 km's. The previous owner had the tranny problems at 65000 k's. and the tranny was replaced under warranty.
He still has all the work orders/receipts for all the work done on the car.On the work order there was a note that a filter kit was also installed. I take it that this was the externel one mentioned above although I have not had the car up on blocks to check it out.
My question is :

1) If there is is a filter kit there now , how often does it need to be placed. ?

2) If the original tranny was replaced under warranty the first time, and if problems arise again, is it under warranty again regardless of mileage. ? I hear some are on their 2-3 tranny, so probably not.

The reason I ask is that the tranny was replaced in Jan. of 1998 and there is no indication on work order copies that this extra external filter was ever replaced again. The original owner only drove it about 5000 km's a year after . Car runs great and I drive it reasonably and not hard

Am I lucky so far with this tranny rebuild or can I still expect trouble with it down the road.

Thanks

Peter