Thread: tranny resistor
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 04:51 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivfour
What is the recommended maximum resistor value? I have 100 ohms and I still feel like it is not shifting quickly/firm enough. Someone wrote that the solonoid needed a minimum current for longevity.
The solenoid remains continually activated via a separate circuit, which applies a modulated voltage thereby intermittently energising the solenoid in order to control pressure. Disconnection of the resistor, or increasing the resistance, should therefore have little effect on the life of the solenoid.

However that said, with the resistor disconnected the solenoid does become fully de energised during each cycle of the control signal, but the fluid flow should prevent any hammering. Then again this could be the designed function of the resistor and bias supply.

The 100 ohms you have in the circuit should prevent trouble light indication, while it is unlikely that the shifts are being softened to any degree. Experiment by disconnecting it.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!