Thread: Tradin' 'er in!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Great story Randy!

In a way it reminds me of that Mercedes commercial from a year or two back. I think it was mentioned here back then...... the one where the whole commercial is from the "eyes" (interior shot) of a 1970-something Mercedes Benz....... it shows it's whole life "flashing before its eyes" - from the day it was purchased brand new back in the 70's (complete with a red bow on it given as a gift to a wife much like Randy's story) - to all the special occasions the couple had in the car, being sold to new owners, etc, etc, until we see that its life is flashing before its eyes because the car is in the final moments as the car crusher at the wrecking yard is smashing it. As a "car guy" that commercial literally brought a tear to my eye.

But then in the end it "opens its eyes" again and realizes it has been reborn from the recycled scrap metal as a brand new 2003 Mercedes, ready to live a new life all over again.

Troy, I remember that commercial. IT was very emotional, yes.

The Caravan has been cleaned out. I did a quick "idiot check" tonight, to make sure nothing was left inside. I looked around, and reminisced. Our first big trip was to Florida -- my kids first time seeing the ocean -- I won't bore y'all with the rest. I've already bored you enough.

Meanwhile, I'll have a hard time sleeping. Those "mixed emotions" when you become excited about getting the new vehicle, then, start stressing out about the payments. Funny thing is, with interest and all, I'll only be paying about 2,000.00 more for THIS van, than I paid for the Caravan, almost a decade ago -- with LOTS more extras and and a GREAT warranty.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI