Thread: New wheels
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 03:49 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Re: New wheels

Quote:
Originally posted by svxinindy
I'm thinking of purchasing some aftermarket wheels, as the stock wheels have some scrapes and fading. I plan to stay with 16" wheels. One concern I have is ride quality. I would like to retain the ride quality of the original wheels. I was looking at the Discount Tire website, and the site specifies that many wheels will work on the SVX, yet some of the offset of the recommended wheels is quite different from stock. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you're happy with the style of the stock wheels, I'd suggest getting a set of refurbished ones if you want 16" wheels. As far as specs go, the stock wheels are very nice. They are light (19 lbs), wide (a little over 7.5" wide), and they have the proper offset for the SVX. You won't find another 16" rim with these specs at a reasonable price.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.