Thread: Quick Update
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 12:48 AM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Quick Update

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
My block is destroyed. Apparently two of the cylinders got beat to death by the broken piston rods.

The mechanic is sourcing two engines. So far he has got only one reply. An engine with 59K for $1850. Not too bad I guess.

I am so f__king mad. I had just had the camshaft and crankshaft seals replaced, new water pump, the alternator upgrade, and tons of other crap I am too pissed off to think about right now.

So now instead of having my car back this week, God knows. Anyway I just thought some of you may have wanted an update.

I am not having fun with cars right now.

Last Sunday I bought a 88 Conquest TSI. Recently rebuilt and in otherwise great condition. Body looked good, interior was clean. Overall the car was in good shape.

My wife was following me back to Memphis from Birmingham in the Conquest. About an hour away from Memphis the damn timing belt broke. Guess what? It destroyed the head and God knows what else.

So that car is also in the shop, well in another shop. Both cars together will cost me about $7000. That is not including the $2500 I paid for the Conquest.

I am almost to the point of taking the damn bus and saying the hell with all cars. I mean, does anyone have luck this bad??

If what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger then I should be like solid steel after all this crap.

Best of luck to the rest of you.
I once owned three cars and all three had engine problems.
86 MR2-blown engine
95 GSX-crankwalk(blown engine)
88 Colt-broken timing belt(a.k.a., pistons beating the heck out of valves)

So I know how you feel. Fortunately, I had a 93 VFR to ride to work. I never thought I would get tired of riding my cycle to work, but after 3 strait months of it, I was ready for a car again.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim