View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 01:54 AM
SVX Appeal

Since when did front-wheel-drive cars become cool? Aside from old ladies and generic commuters, who buys a FWD car? They absolutely reek of the grocery-getting, always under-the-speed-limit driving, fuel misering, stop-and-go traffic driving mentality. ...and that's totally okay. But unless you fit that description, why on earth would you ever drive a FWD car? For those who fit that description, more power to ya. Just don't start thinking your Civic is anything a Geo ain't. …because it isn't!

Performance cars are RWD or sometimes AWD, but FWD is a safety-minded invention that is silly in a performance car. It's frightening how fast some of these econoboxes are becoming. I just can't understand how oblivious people are to the fact that FWD cars are not well suited to performance applications. I suppose the safety aspect does make sense, as many of these folk really need a low-performance feature like gross on-throttle understeer to reign them in.

Sigh... Is it just me? Was I the only one who thought 'The Fast and The Furious' was a comedy? …at least they still make RWD cars for those who understand the difference.