View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 05:44 AM

Cool Just bought a SVX...

Oh man I am happy with this car. I recently purchased a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse, nice and fire engine red with white rims and black tinted windows, etc etc etc. Car was nothing but problems. I finally decided to sell it after a few months of going to and from the local mechanic. After I sold it I was talking to him and he mentioned something about selling a Subaru SVX.

Me: You mean a WRX?

Him: No, a SVX. Just come and see it, you'll like it.

So, not knowing what to expect, I go down there and I see this SVX. The first thing I say to him is this:

Me: ... There is a window in your window man, and the wheels are backwards.

Him: I like them backwards.

Me: ... Why?

Anyway, enough of that. We start talking details and all, then he takes me for a ride in it. We get back to the shop, we get out, and he tosses me the keys.

Him: Go drive it a bit, be back in like, thirty minutes.

Me: Alright.

So, I go and drive this strange, new SVX that I've never heard anything about. I feel the car move, I feel the acceleration. Okay, not as fast getting up as the Eclipse, but it doesn't sound like a pissed off bumble-bee either. And it is pretty quick, considering it's weight.

And then I took a corner going sixty and felt the car stick to the road like glue.

I was hooked.

So, I drive around a bit more and get to the shop about twenty minutes later. Chris, my mechanic, looks at me and asks me this:

Him: So, what'd you think?

Me: ... How much do you want for it?

So he goes on and tells me how he was looking for about 3.5 for it. He then mentions that he would like to sell it to someone who he knows would take care of it (IE: Me). He told me he'd sell it to me for 2.5 because of how I got dicked around with the Eclipse by the person who sold it to me (long story). I got a few insurance quotes, read up on the car, and decided that this SVX was for me.

I love this car. I love everything about it. Even the window-in-a-window thing is kickin' rad.

And the best part about this car...

Absolutely no one has one in my area. Not a single person. I wanted a Mustang as a kid, I look down the street while going to work and can literally count around fifty from my house to the CVS/Pharmacy. I see Honda Civics everywhere, all riced out and all that lame stuff. But who else in my area has a SVX? None that I've seen. Completely unique.

All of my ricer friends are jealous mine sounds like a Corvette from the exhaust. Beautiful.

Anyway, for those that are wondering, it is a 1992 Subaru SVX LSi. It has the touring package and all of that nice stuff. Black on black leather. My mechanic's brother bought it off of the lot with two miles on it. They had it for a while, and the only issue is that the interior needs to be resprayed. I think I am just going to saddle soap it myself, it'd look better like that anyway.

Anyway, I'll get pictures of this beast later. I think its about time for that early morning drive.

130k miles when I bought her May 28th

June 10th, 2004 -- Never forget. Well, at least I won't =( *Mourns for his rear-quarter panel*

September 20, 2005 -- The day she finally gave up the fight

April 25th, 2006 -- Bought another SVX!

'92 Teal on Black Subaru SVX LS-L with the touring package. 133k miles when bought on April 25th.

... 135908 as of May 7th =)