View Single Post
Old 10-18-2002, 06:27 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Bali and more...

First, I wish to add that our thoughts and prayers are with our "down under" friends during this time of loss. If it wasn't obvious before, perhaps now more people will realize that this terrorst thing is not just directed against the U.S. We will have to be as cunning in stopping it, as the terrorists are in planning it.

<I just think there have got to be better ways of doing it than killing more innocent people in the process>

I agree. Of the people I have talked to, I have yet to find an informed individual that can can find a MAJOR problem with this idea. Kick this around and provide some feedback....

Our problem with Iraq is really a problem with Saddam. Yes, I am also aware of how we supported him in the past. I have a whole separate soapbox I could get up on about THAT topic, but it can wait. If the problem can be narrowed down to just him....and in the quick and dirty sense, it can....then he should be the target. It makes absolutely no sense to me, to place one young American life at risk to topple this Hitler wannabe. Is there anyone out there that believes that with our intelligence network, that we can't find out....just ONCE....where that guy spends the night? Cruise missiles don't risk pilots. Our "no-fly-zone" guys could drop leaflets with a simple message. (1) We found Saddam, and he is no more. (2) Iraq has the opportunity to establish free elections, eliminate the secret police, leave the folks in the north and south alone, allow weapons inspectors in, and rejoin the family of nations, or....(3) We vaporize the next clown to take his place. Tell the people by radio, television and leaflet that we are NOT anti-Muslim, but we are anti-nut case, and if they would like to rise up and reclaim control of their country, we would be happy to lend a hand. Ask them to ask a member of their family, who was taken captive in the Gulf War, just how TERRIBLE we treated them. Were they beaten? Starved? Executed and dumped in the desert? Did we do to them, what they did to the people of Kuwait? Gee, so much for the monster U.S.A. Yes, those same people want to help you lift the yoke of tyranny from your sholders. Go for it.

...and then while we are at it, we can quit supporting ANY country or any "leader" that doesn't hold our values in common. Any money for those nations could be channeled to the people through democratic underground movements. We are still paying the price for our cold-war policies; "Anyone as long as they aren't communist!" No wonder we have so many "friends" around the world....

Meanwhile, we have another psycho wandering around the D.C. area.....good grief.

PS As always, this is an amazing forum, where people of differing views can speak their minds intelligently and respond in kind. I hope everyone treasures what we have here. Yes it is not SVX related, but we do all have lives and interests and differing backgrounds all brought together by one outstanding car.

Cool. Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"