Old 06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: 94 Svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
You got me on that one Joe. You are right, they produced different colors for different parts of the world and the year didn't have much to do with it.
Well I wasn't trying to catch you out Earl. It's just the Trevor in me trying to set the record straight.

What I find excellent in the register you are keeping is the linearity of the production numbers. I'm predicting [with only a hunch to back this up!] that production numbers for each year will run one number sequence only per production year. What will change are the other parts of the VIN, the parts that apply to different export or internal markets.

What we may see when we have enough information is that the line would have been reserved for a month or whatever was required to build all the '93 Red Anniversary models for the US. Then it would have reverted to making Japanese models, or Euro or maybe Australian, and continuing on the same number sequence.

Each country specific VIN code will be produced with the colour options available for that country that year, including the upholstery options and so on.

It's all very interesting and thanks for collating the information.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl