View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 PM

I find it odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Does it have to be running?? I suspect I might have the lowest mileage car--using just that criteria. Unfortunately, while it will run fine--it can't be used as it is structurally challenged as my signature says.

Lee
Hello

Here's what I find odd. It seems that more than any other model or brand owners of the SVX own more multiple cars than any other. Why is that? Also, why are the price range so vast. Running cars at $900 to good examples at a fair average of $5000 to very great examples at a price of $12000. You usually can't by a crapy used american car for $900 yet alone a car like the SVX.

I agree with all of you, and me the most of all . My points were considering once all years have become 15 years plus including the 97's making the whole production run and model be of "collection age." That said ideally 25 years plus makes a true collectable car but that would also mean that the 97's would have to be 25 plus years making the 92's have to wait the extra 5 years-this is perception of market buyers and not technical status as a 25 year old car is 25 years old point final. I think the 92,93AE, and 97's will all be great collectable cars in the future. At that point and due to the low volume any would be nice.

Now to not avoid the question and to avoid it some more, a 92 with low miles has been on the roads by 5 years longer and thus should have more miles making a low mile car more hard to find. But at the same time the production of the 92's was much higher than 97 thus there may be the same amount of low miles 92's and 97's.
I think they are equal in value today and the condition and miles both play the same role over the year. What I have seen is that 20K to 50K miles cars all sell for $10K to $13K and cars with 15K to 19K miles maybe more and finally cars with 10K or less are being put for sale anywhere starting at $15K all the way to $30K. Obviously, I don't expect the cars over $20K to sell but I would have been willing to pay up to $15K for a 97AWD LSi with 20K or less miles on it by original owner with records and perfect condition inside and out plus no accidents. I prefer the 97 over the same model/miles 92 because I have read that they had less transmission problems with the later cars when compared to the early cars.

BUT I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!

I think i just confused myself with all those numbers and years so if I did not make sense somewhere bare with me, at work and don't have time to proof read it to see if i made any sense at all.

Max