View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Instruction:

Over the Xmas holidays, I signed up for a Phase 1 Evolution School in Danville, VA on April 14th. The 1 day school, that includes lunch, ran me $220.00. From all accounts by previous attendees, it's worth every penny.

My confirmed instructors are Sam Strano & Mike Johnson with two others to be determined (possibilities are Tim Aro, Jinx Jordan, Dave Newman, GH Sharp and Rob Falkner). As my instructors will be driving my car that day, I'll be gathering their input on how my new set-up is handling...

Evolution School webpage

From their website:

Phase 1 - Skill Building

The "original" Evolution program as developed by the McKamey Autocross School. This first step in the Evolution is where all students start, regardless of experience. Daylong course builds upon students existing skills, while introducing new ideas to improve one’s times. Students both ride and drive with Evolution trained national caliber drivers to learn where they are fast and where they need to improve. Small student teacher ratio of 6:1 insures quality instruction time. Computerized timing provides segment times, which can be compared at various times during the day. Do to some factors such as, weather, segment times may not be available and are beyond our control.

Combined with race proven skills, concepts, and techniques this course will improve the performance of all drivers on both road and track. Even experienced driver’s benefit from the Phase 1 course as a refresher for those things they’ve forgotten over the years or perhaps never learned. No matter what type of car you drive the Phase 1 skills will improve your overall driving abilities.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)