View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 PM

My first thought was the master cylinder is bad. But after more research, I'm now more inclined to think it's air as well. With the engine off, when I apply pressure to the brake pedal, it travels about half way and is spongy. If I apply more pressure I can eventually get the pedal to bottom out. But during the whole session, the pressure it takes to push the pedal seems to remain constant. Does this mean the master cylinder is holding like is should? Otherwise I think the pressure the pedal requires would reduce over time, especially if I hold the pedal down for some time.

So I gonna go with air trapped in the master cylinder. I found some instructions on how to bleed the master cylinder using a bag to catch the fluid. Sounds simple but messy. So I'm wondering does anyone know if I use a pressure bleeder system instead of the "pump" method will remove any air in the master cylinder? I can make one fairly easily with another cap and my air compressor. Or is it the same as 'pump' and only way is to bag it and bleed?