Thread: Power chip
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
I would love too hear how it works out for you thanks!

Acording to power chip australia the car has been de-tuned for saftey with lower grade petrol. basically making the engine idiot proof, there argument is that by advancing the timing and using a 98 or higher ocane fuel our svx will pull 336 Nm of torque and 184 KW, and for AUD $890 i think it is a fairly good gain for the price (asuming it does all that it claims)

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/intera...sp?pid=Sub0016
The real proof will come if you ask if you can get an independent tester to dyno your car with and without the chip installed. Of course, people will say anything to sell a product, and I'm wary here because it's a big ticket item.

I'm not saying it's rubbish - there is no doubt it probably does something, but I'd be looking to get independent figures before splashing the cash.

Having said that, as with every engine mod, no matter how 'safe', the engines in the SVX model are lovely and robust and last a long time... until you start fiddling with it.

It's all a matter of (money now + money later if it breaks) vs. gain received.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178