View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 01:09 PM
cap

Nashua dealer

I've been to the Nashua dealer for most of my services since I bought my car in '98 (blk 92, 82k mi at purchase).

I can't recall them ever mentioning a club, and they've certainly never given me a club business card.
My last service with them was a few days ago, July 20, 2001.

CV Halfshaft had a torn boot.
THey quoted me $400 for the part from Subaru, and told me that my options for cheaper parts were unknown and very sketchy.

I found a rebuilt shaft in stock at Dracut Auto Parts for $70 after I return the old one for a core charge. Had them do the labor, charged me about $130 for a job I could have almost done myself, and I'm sure a skilled mechanic would do in 30minutes.
To their credit though, at least they took my part. I called around and noone would take a part that I supplied, and no shops could tell me an exact quote on a new or rebuilt half shaft.

Today I've discussed with them my options for getting my tranny, which was replaced by the dealer 40k miles ago, fixed.
They want about $3200 to replace it again.
I'm thinking about having a tranny shop fix it, add the separate tranny cooler, and taking Subaru to small claims court.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car.

Buyer beware.