Thread: Happy 20th!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Happy 20th!

I am in the same place...I don't think I will ever sell my '93 Anniversary Edition, but I hate to see it sit as well.

I've been driving it daily for the last 6 months, but it really needs to be taken off the road and have lot of work done to get it back to like newer condition.

I will soon have another newer car to drive daily which means I will finally be able to do this. I have parts in my garage that I've had for going on 3-4 years which are still uninstalled. And mine needs a repaint badly, it is looking a lot sadder than it should.

I've had mine since early 2000, when I bought it with a mere 32k on the clock. Now it has 108k. In all that time, only once did it fail to get me where I wanted to go, last year when the crank pulley separated, stopped spinning the alternator, and the battery died. It's taken me all over the USA, gladly.

Of course I had to replace the transmission, but that was expected. I went from the stock, to a Level 10. Years later I sold the Level 10 and went to 4.444. I think I'd rather have the 3.54 gears, as now its main trip is the annual one out to the Dragon, and the 4.444 is not nearly as good on the highway.

It's like an old friend..my SVX. But..I think I'll park it for a bit, and give it some needed love it has surely earned, so it can feel proud to be out driving around again.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com