View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:10 PM

Registered SVX
Re: My car is mad at me! Random stalling, rough idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Hutchinson View Post
I would like to point out that the trailer wiring connector I mentioned is an approved wiring device that has been certified for use specifically in the automotive field. I'm no car expert, but I am a journeyman industrial electrician with 37 years of experience. I didn't just step out of a cow patty and start giving wiring advice. So, you shouldn't have any reservations about using one of those connectors on you vehicle.

Chip
I would be very interested to have it confirmed where when and how, that ---, " the trailer wiring connector I mentioned is an approved wiring device that has been certified for use specifically in the automotive field." i.e. by other than the manufacturer.

Unless these tap-on connectors are applied to the exact cable they are designed for, i.e. Insulation thickness, material, wire gauge, number of strands, in respect of both cables, the conductor is very liable to damage and the damage is not obvious. Without standing in a cow pat, I have many times witnessed the evidence.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!