View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I have a 97 2.2 that I beat the tar out of almost daily. It has the automatic and often through the day I accelarate with redline shifts into 2nd and sometimes 3rd if I have enough room.

I auto crossed it for most of last season. I have had it off roading in soft sand, through the forest and have plowed through hood deep snow.

Aside from service parts (brakes, tires, oil, belts, plugs...) I have done nothing but replace the alternator twice (both were junk yard units at $13 ea) I have NEVER touched the transmission fluid other than to maybe add 2 quarts over all of this time. Oil changes happen between 5k and 7k, it is starting to leak a little at the cam seals. It did develop a slight tap after I ran it short on oil for a few days (added 3 quarts to fill it :-O )

I have close to 210k miles on it and would not hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow if I needed to. I will never be able to get rid of this car as it has been so loyal to me.

No, it isn't as powerful or stylish as the SVX, but I still love driving it around. And often when I'm just going out for a "cruise" I have trouble picking between the two.

I bought it for $12,000 in 99 with 40k miles.