View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 03:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
The one and only time this happened on my SVX was the day that I was showing it to Jason when he was thinking of buying it - never happened since (oh: it is also happening on the ex-Newton silver SVX that is for sale at Millenium Cars here in Sydney)

Anyways, turns out this this phenomenon is pretty much inevitable and happens over time...ie, the 1991's got it first, then the 1992's (us!) etc etc - seems to be between 8 and 10 years.

Running the aircon diagnostic did not record any errors as far as I could ascertain - but they do need to be replaced (I spoke with a Subaru guy and he said that they did quite a few of them to date)

Guess it just depends how frequently it is occurring and bothering you before you have to replace it

Cheers

James

Quote:
Originally posted by KennEls

Paulie,

Yes had the dreaded temp bounce around all over the place. Humid days? I think so but we have had lots of these since last October. I originally noted that when the temp was set near to the outside temp that this would happen. Then it happened with a 10 Cel. difference. Oh well...

My next thought was that it was the outside temp button sticking. The bounce happened more when my wife was in the car and she has this thing about checking the outside temp every 10 minutes or so. So I thought that this might be the problem. Haven't had the chance to check this theory as the A/C is awaiting a re-gas and seals etc.

Perhaps if you don't check the outside temp for a week and see if the problem occurs then. If it does then my theory is out the window again.( (

Kenn:

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!