View Single Post
Old 07-27-2001, 12:37 PM
cap

I live in Medford, work in Chelsmford.

I think the hill on Rt 2 up through Arlmont may have had something to do with killing my tranny.
It popped a hose dumping all the tranny fluid going up that hill last year.

I'm very grateful for these websites. Its good to know that my car is not a 'lemon', but all SVX's have problems with warped rotors, wheel bearings and transmissions.

I replaced the LR wheelbearing last year, it was growling very loudly. I found the part for $80, took it to a shop, who told me that the part I supplied was incorrect so he kindly got me the 'correct' part, for $130.

I replaced the front rotors and breakpads all around myself last year. The front rotors are already warped pretty good.

Anyone have problems with the powersteering hoses?
My car popped a powersteering hose twice in the past year.

Tranny UPDATE:
The tranny is being looked at by "Freddy's transmission" in Hudson NH yesterday & today. I informed him about the brake band adjustment and he's attempting to adjust it for me.
THey seem fairly knowledgable about transmissions in general, but they had a hard time identifying the symptoms I had described to them. I had to tell them to warm the car up and drive it up a long hill. I should probably call Nashua Subaru and ask them about the brake band adjustment.

Paul at Freddy's said he'd be willing to add the tranny cooler provided he can find a space to add it.
Since he only provides a 1 year warantee, I'll probably either have the dealer do the tranny rebuild, or Aamco, since they advertise "Lifetime warrantee available". ;-)