View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Thank you JJ and mike, the funny thing mike is that if I kept my bumpers on, my car's chassis would be for sure far worse than what is showing. The clever design of my front bumper and my luck to run on that gas station's "smooth" metal store, made my car slide on it because the edges of my fiber bumper are very rigid and they have a 1/4 circle shape. my car's impact was on the lower triangle's assembly and a little bit on that front bar holding the rad. As a conclusion, I will start with the mechanical stuff, allowing the car to be driveable again. Then the body shop will have to pull that bar like 0.5 centimeters to the right and another 0.5 centimeters to the front from the far right edge as I have measured the difference. I dunno about suspension, but I guess it also need to be pulled to the outside, I will know exactly how much as soon as I mount the new parts.

Of course my car will be dealt by the best bodyshop guy in the country, I won't be taking chances whatsoever.. he usually charges 3 times more than others for his accurate work. Once I saw a catalogue he has in his shop having all of cars dimensions both interior and exterior. I will try to take pictures of it if he allows me to. I saw our SVX's there once

The most thing I am sad about was my copper box which became like a chewing gum

The accident wasn't bad after all, but I am still worried about the oil leak that I am seeing underneath my car.

here are some updated pics taken today:

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.