View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 07:16 PM

Re: SVX Wont Start .. Dead Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowtion View Post
When I went to check the the fusable link it was completely seperated diddn't look burnt or fried mainly looked worn.
So I mended the fusable link temporarily with similar wire and wrapped it in electrical tape.

When I take the fusable link out it is hot but I haven't tested to see if it gets hot without the car running. It's really really wet outside!

It's a special order item, none of the dealerships had it in stock so i'm using this busted fusable link for a couple days ... I hope this thing will hold up and now ruin anything.
Similar wire is not what the fuseable link is made out of. It is made out of material that will come apart when the amperage exceeds 30 amps.

The heat is probably a result of the way you fastened the jumper to the fusable link. An electrical connection that is not fastened well, by it's nature, will heat. It will register a voltage drop across it which will cause heat because of the resistance it develops.

Depending on how you did it, it could not really cause any problem at all... I would replace it for sure sooner rather than later.