View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 03:43 PM

Re: Dash Button internals (cruse/fogs)

Turning fog lights into running lights...

If this is what you want to do, please disconnect the battery first before the project starts !! (second doesn't work) It is imperative that you do only the o the correct wires.

If you are trying to make running lights out of the fog lights, you can "simply" ...disconnect the "always hot" power supply that is that goes to the fog light relay and jump the power supply that goes to the head light relay that is on only when the ignition switch is is in the run position to the fog light relay... and ground one of the wires that goes to the fog light push button switch itself.

On the fog light push button switch, only one wire can be grounded to give you the option of still having a functional fog light switch... grounding the other wire (instead) will cause the the fog lights to come on any time the car is started and running. If you can't work it out, pm me.

That is the way I wanted mine to be... On all the time I am driving the car without turning the head light switch on and off all the time! I just grounded the #3 terminal on the fog light relay.

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 03-21-2009 at 06:48 PM.