View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 11:13 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Tranny gone!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXgarcia
Also the spedometer stop working as soon as this problem happened, it was at zero all the time. The only thing that moved was the RPMs. I turned off the ignition when this problem started and then I turn it back on with no starting problems at all.

Your diff is dead. There is a nylon gear in the diff that connects to a speedo and that little sucker is all chewed up. Do yourself a favour. Don't drive that car anymore. Tow it to a reputable shop and fix it. You are looking at about 4k to fix both tranny and diff. Your tranny will have to be rebuilt and your diff will have to rebuilt as well.

As for getting parts for the diff, make sure you get a whole set. The gears in the diff are not regular gears. They are paired for life and you need a matching set. If you want pics of what a chewed up diff looks like, I can take some photos for you.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!