View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 11:08 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I was not trashing anyone. We have cover the topic more than enough time that these cars takes more than most cars on the road to keep them running. If you find it offensive, you are more than welcome to pm me and we can discuss on this.

Trust me, I have spent more than most people here have on SVXes. But anyone should know that if there are any form of lights blinking on the panel that should not, that's not good for the car. Also, if there is any weird whine or grind, that's not good either. And that goes for any make and models for cars, trucks, boats, planes etc. And of course, if you have a AWD car and when the manual CLEARLY state not to drive the car for prolong distances on FWD mode and you do it for 4 months, you are going to get a weid look from me. A well taken care of SVX makes a good care for transportation. However, if you ignore the problem (esp when you are aware of it), you are abusing the car and that's a whole different issue.

My car currently leaks some tranny fluid. I drive it once in a while. But I know where it is coming from and I know it's not going to kill the tranny. Many who has dead tranny/diff know they have a leaky diff or tranny but could care less to have a look (take it to a mechanic).

Having killed a tranny a couple of times and two diff in my 3 SVXes I've owned, I can tell you that diff whine and tranny whine are different. Also, engine noise and bearing noises are different too. When you drive a car, you should know your car. Your should check your fluid levels and lights once a week. Who here does that?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Last edited by Seraph; 03-02-2004 at 11:14 PM.