View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 09:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXgarcia
Tranny gone!!!!!!!!!!

I think my transmission problem started during Dec. When my 4WD stopped working. After searching on this network I found out that the 4wd failure was due to a broken transfer clutch plate, or a solenoid. I didn't fix the problem, I just put it in FWD. then last week after driving in normal conditions(the car was not in FWD when this happened), no signs of the transmission acting bad or naything else the car starts jerking really bad. Almost as if there was something stuck on the tires that weren't letting the tires spin freely. The faster I tried to drive the harder the car jerk and the harder it vibrated. I got it to the mechanic and he said the transmission is broken (the differential inside the transmission he called it). Should I get a second opinion from another mechanic? The only reason I asked is because the tranny in my car was replaced by the previous owner directly from the dealer at around 55000 miles. The car currently has about 106000. Also the spedometer stop working as soon as this problem happened, it was at zero all the time. The only thing that moved was the RPMs. I turned off the ignition when this problem started and then I turn it back on with no starting problems at all.