View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Unhappy O/T British Car Magazine is no more

Just checked out the website www.britishcar.com for British Car Magazine which I've been a subscriber to since 1988. It seems that the company that publishes Grassroots Motorsports has bought the mag and is changing it to Classic Motorsports. Of course they are comparing a MGB and a Miata in their first issue. A Miata can't hold water to a pre 74 and 1/2 B Mazda couldn't even design the car without bringing in a Lotus Elan to copy (which they paid dearly for once the lawsuit was settled). Sure the Miata may be faster and more reliable as a daily driver but the fun and classic aspects just aren't there! What really irks me is I just sent in a 2 year sup. renewal 2 months ago. Its not like this is a cheap mag either. I think it was $40 or so for 2 years (12 issues)! Now I guess I'm stuck getting crap. They don't even have any contact info on their website for me to ask for my money back.