View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Ok this is stupid...

I've said this before SEVEN times, but i will say it one more time in hopes that you will understand.

Automatics are a better choice for straight line racing. You seem to be the only one here who disputes that, yet you assert that you are right, and everyone else is wrong. More gears is not always better, especially in straight line racing. SCENARIO: if a 4 speed auto and 4 speed manual are geared the same, the auto will be faster because it is able to change gears in less time than the manual, it's pretty elementary. Now let's add a gear to the manual to "help stay in the power curve" as you say. While you have done exactly that, which does improve times, you have also added another gear. That means the tenths that you gained are offset by the full second it takes to shift into that extra gear. THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL I WAS SAYING.

I NEVER SAID AUTO'S ARE ALWAYS BETTER ALL THE TIME. In fact, they're largely disadvantageous in anything but straight line racing. But i said that before, and you either missed it, or conveniently forgot about it.

Enough of this already.