View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Mr Soob

Re: Anyone use a car cover?

If you get a car cover, make sure the inside is a soft fibre so it doesn't scratch, and the outside is waterproof.

The ones I have come with a dinky little pair of straps that go under the car and clip together to stop it blowing away, and have ends/corners that are elasticised. Never lost one to weather, and they've protected the car really well. Avid folks might even get a clip to anchor it to the wheel, but I've not had any trouble with them moving.

Works great, but getting the strap under the car requires laying down beside the car, not something you can do in a hurry. (If it's in a public place, then I don't know. I never leave my car in a public place.)

Best investment, though
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178