View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
It sucks for all of us who've ever enjoyed it. FYI the 3 fatalities were all the "overgrown boys". One couple in thier 70's on a trike, and one in his 40s on a cruiser.
{note: of all the sportbike accidents, only a VERY small percentage are the rider's fault, most are cars crossing the double yellow}
Granted there are quite a few one vehicle accidents that go unreported up there. The tree of shame will attest to that.
In the late afternoon/evening I've been known to exceed the speed limit, and cross the double yellow up there. I know that after about 6pm the traffic thins way out though. I NEVER cross the double yellow when I can't see ahead far enough to KNOW that there isn't any oncoming traffic. That applies to my daily drive as well.

EDIT: I don't bemoan the police presence, I DO bemoan the police overkill (C'mon 14 units in 11miles?!?), poor driving, and overall bad atittude towards what are essentially tourists.

Nice to know they know what an apex is. However this isn't the place to clip them.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.

Last edited by crazyhorse; 08-16-2007 at 05:47 PM.