Thread: Which Clutch???
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
Quote:
Originally posted by IwantaSVX
So, I have a few other questions for those who have done this.

I'm using a transmission from a 1990 Subaru Legacy.

I need to know if I'll need to obtain the Legacy Starter or if my SVX starter will bolt up????

You will need to use the Legecy starter. Or, I think that any 5-speed starter of similar vintage would work.
Quote:

My SVX driveshaft is the one-piece (with the DOJ center joint) which I've read is not possible to lengthen since it does not come apart to be put in a lathe.

I think I'm going to try to located a componet SVX driveshaft so I can have the front section lengthened.

I need to know how long to have the front section lengthened (???) because I want to take the shaft and the rear end to a shop and get those started while I put everything else together...and I've read 2" & 2-3/8"

Whats the easiest way to take care of the rear crossmember? I'm liking Mike's crossmember. Anyone else do something different?
You should read through my 5-Speed install thread. especailly the second page. A lot of your questions are answered in it. You can find it here:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=11457

Also, feel free to IM, email, or PM me with questions. it sounds like your swap is essentially the same as mine.

You should check with Earthworm for info on how he did his crossmember mounting. I wish I'd done mine his way.

Good Luck,
Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)